Officially, a character can fire off more than one offensive power per round. The rules are that you have to have different points of origin for each attack. Generally, a character has two hands so they could fire two bolts from their hands or something like that. For the sake of keeping it all straight, the following is the case:
- A character has two points of origin for each attack (generally, hands) unless they buy the power: Extra Limbs.
- The first attack in the Rapid Attack is made using the stats for the good hand (-2 OCV), the second is considered offhand (-4 OCV). This is true even if the character isn’t technically using his or her hands to make the attack. A Character can take Ambidextrous to get rid of these modifiers so long as they only have two points of origin. If they have Extra Limbs, the third limb is -6. A character can get rid of all these modifiers by buying the skill: Two Weapon Fighting.
- Rapid Attack takes a full phase. If you buy the skill: Rapid Attack, it becomes a half phase action.
- Doing a Rapid Attack cuts you down to 1/2 DCV. There is no way to avoid this penalty.
- Rapid attacks that have more than one kind of attack (hand-to-hand, ranged, Area of Affect) take a cumulative -2 OCV/per to each attack.
- Including Autofire in a rapid attack requires a specific Autofire Skill.
- Characters must buy multiple copies of the same power to use the power more than once in the rapid attack.
- Rapid Attack is, itself, a maneuver. It is not possible to include other maneuvers with it. You cannot, for instance, Haymaker and Rapid Attack.
All this adds up to the possibility of making a character who specializes in Rapid Attack. This is a very good way to make a low offensive character more effective.